USER FRIENDLY SUMMARY aka don’t wanna read a wall of text.
There are two things you should know right off the bat:
- The data we collect is anonymous.
- We only use this data to improve your experience.
We distinguish what our users like and dislike with our analytics tools as we collect data to find out the favorite generator of our users or whether a paint brush is used or ignored.
We kindly ask you to help us with this in order to make a better ProDnD suited to your Dungeon Master needs. We do this after each installation soon after you start the application. If you opt-in, that helps us improve ProDnD. If you decide to opt-out we wipe away the tears. If you've opted-in/out and had a change of heart, you can toggle the analytics on/off through the SETTINGS menu.
Hope you enjoy the app!
The Gray Lake Team
GRAY LAKE STUDIOS
PROD&D: DUNGEON GENERATOR
We, the developers, at Gray Lake Studios, from now on referred as “we”, are dedicated to protecting the privacy rights of our users and we think you should know how we handle your data to its minute detail. We will never explicitly collect any particular information without asking your consent and having received your consent. Please read this document thoroughly.
We are not responsible for the actions of third party people or companies, the content of their sites, the use of information you provide to them, or any products or services they may offer. Any link to those sites does not constitute our sponsorship of, or affiliation with, those people or companies.
By reading this Policy fully and having selected to opt-in at the starting screen of the Service, you are expressing your agreement to this Policy and the processing of your Data in the manner specified and provided in this Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, please select to opt-out of this program. If you have already selected to opt-in and you changed your mind then simply reverse your decision through the Service.
MEANS OF DATA COLLECTION
In our Service we will ask you to read this Policy and give you the option to opt in or opt out of Data collection the moment you run the Service on any of the supported platforms our Service runs on. If you’d like to give your consent and opt-in for Data collection then our Service will start collecting information and send it to our analytics panel at GameAnalytics. Your anonymous Data will become visible to us through this tool which is accessible to Gray Lake Studios’ developers.
TYPE OF DATA COLLECTED & THE MANNER IT’S USED
At Gray Lake Studios the type of data we collect is classified as your "Non-personal Information." This is information that does not identify you and cannot be used to contact you personally, including information about your non-precise geolocation information (e.g., your country), as well as information about your computer and mobile device, such as your unique device ID, or other persistent identifiers, and their hardware/software/firmware. Non-personal Information also includes "Usage Data," which is anonymous data tied to your computer and/or device, such as the actions you take within the Service, the date and time of your use of the Service, your progress, engagement duration and achievements.
Non-personal Information may be used by us for administrative, analytical, research, optimization, security and other purposes. Below are examples of the Data we collect through our Service and why:
- Type of Purchases Made: This data is collected automatically by Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store whenever you make a purchase. This way we aim to track which in-app-purchases are successful and which ones are not. This helps us remove unwanted features and learn about store items that are popular so we can invest more time in developing new functionality our users are more likely to enjoy.
- Duration of Sessions Played: With this data we are able to see how long users spend time using our Service. We can distinguish those who spend a couple seconds every day from those who use the Service for longer periods of time. We can also see how many users are online at a given time and we get an understanding of the sort of impact our development causes.
- Types of Buttons Pressed: When you are using our Service we collect how many button presses you made and on which buttons you have pressed. This helps us identify poorly placed buttons and subsequently we can improve our UI design to bring you a better experience. We can also identify the functionalities that are being frequented from those that are barely used. That in return helps us take decisions in removing or modifying our features.
- Type of Generators Used: This data helps us see the most and least liked generator types which gives us an idea about what sort of new generators should be added.
- Parameter Values for Generators Used: This data helps us set the default starting values for our generator parameters. It also tells us how much the parameters are prone to be played with. If a parameter is engaging we will keep it and if a parameter is never changed perhaps we will decide to remove it so it doesn’t clutter the list.
- Types of Events Generated: This data helps us understand the type of events our users are interested in. If there’s an unused event type we will remove it. If there’s a popular event type we may decide bring extra features surrounding this event like new visuals or relevant types.
- Device Platform Used: This data is crucial for us to connect all existing data to relevant platforms. Several devices might be having crashes due to a bug and we need to know which platform it’s specific to if any.
- Device Name: Google Play Store collects this data and we have no say over it. We don’t make use of this data in any way.
- Device Model: Google Play Store collects this data and we have no say over it. This data helps us distinguish the types of mobile devices that use our Service. We learn about the device resolutions and sizes through the model types. This way we know which model of device to test our Service on as well as if our Service is more popular on tablets or phones.
THE DISCLOSURE OF THE DATA
- We will not sell, rent or transfer your Data to third parties without your prior consent.
- We may disclose your Data or other information collected if required by law or court order, if the information relates to actual or threatened harmful conduct, to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse or unauthorized use of the Service, or to protect the property or safety of others.
- In connection with any sale of our company or any line of business, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, and such customer information will be transferred or sold to the acquirer in the event of any such sale or disposition of any or all of our business.
CHANGES TO POLICY
If you have any questions regarding this Policy please feel free to contact us at email@example.com