Looking at Tycho's screen after release!
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
ProD&D Dungeon Generator is out on iOS App Store!
ProD&D Dungeon Generator's iOS version is finally here! The application is now available for iOS as well as Android phones! Click this link to download the iOS version from the AppStore!
Posted by tuncOfGrayLake at 4:42 AM 24 comments:
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
We've founded and developed ProDnD at Gray Lake Studios. Here is the full list of the contributors past and present: Bram Bakker, Rune de Groot, Tycho Henzen, Tobias Hoffmann, Wijnand van Tol, Erhan Turel, Tunc Turel, Saverio Wielkens and Ies Wierdsma.
ProDnD uses images found via Creative Commons search engine. Here are the attributions required for these images:
ProDnD uses images found via Creative Commons search engine. Here are the attributions required for these images:
- Kudremukh, Shola Grasslands by Karunakar Rayker, used under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/51VGiW
- Desert Sands 3 by Jan Smith, used under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/6VbmJR
- Snow by Simon Doggett, used under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/5Y721c
- Mt. Rainier by Nick Mealey, user under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/dL3Y3k
- The Sea Cliffs of Pembroke by Durand, used under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/ekR46a
- Svalbard, Tundra Landscape by Billy Lindblom, used under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/6YSp3F
- Bureau of Land Management by Organ Mountains, used under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/sZF6fa
ProDnD uses various packages/libraries as helper tools. Here are the attributions required for these tools:
- libnoise by Jason Bevins used under GNU Lesser General Public License. More information can be found at http://libnoise.sourceforge.net/
Posted by tuncOfGrayLake at 3:21 AM No comments:
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
Getting ready for a port to iOS!
We've been testing and preparing for an iOS release for the past few weeks and it has been truly difficult on our brave and patient programmer Tycho! Soon we'll be submitting an iOS version for a review and that means the Apple people will be checking our application to see if it has enough dungeons to keep them nasty monsters in. Keep your eyes on the horizon as we plan to win this fight against hooked errors and bugsbears!
Posted by tuncOfGrayLake at 6:38 AM 1 comment:
USER FRIENDLY SUMMARY aka don’t wanna read a wall of text.
There are two things you should know right off the bat:
- The data we collect is anonymous.
- We only use this data to improve your experience.
We distinguish what our users like and dislike with our analytics tools as we collect data to find out the favorite generator of our users or whether a paint brush is used or ignored.
We kindly ask you to help us with this in order to make a better ProDnD suited to your Dungeon Master needs. We do this after each installation soon after you start the application. If you opt-in, that helps us improve ProDnD. If you decide to opt-out we wipe away the tears. If you've opted-in/out and had a change of heart, you can toggle the analytics on/off through the SETTINGS menu.
Hope you enjoy the app!
The Gray Lake Team
GRAY LAKE STUDIOS
PROD&D: DUNGEON GENERATOR
We, the developers, at Gray Lake Studios, from now on referred as “we”, are dedicated to protecting the privacy rights of our users and we think you should know how we handle your data to its minute detail. We will never explicitly collect any particular information without asking your consent and having received your consent. Please read this document thoroughly.
We are not responsible for the actions of third party people or companies, the content of their sites, the use of information you provide to them, or any products or services they may offer. Any link to those sites does not constitute our sponsorship of, or affiliation with, those people or companies.
By reading this Policy fully and having selected to opt-in at the starting screen of the Service, you are expressing your agreement to this Policy and the processing of your Data in the manner specified and provided in this Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, please select to opt-out of this program. If you have already selected to opt-in and you changed your mind then simply reverse your decision through the Service.
MEANS OF DATA COLLECTION
In our Service we will ask you to read this Policy and give you the option to opt in or opt out of Data collection the moment you run the Service on any of the supported platforms our Service runs on. If you’d like to give your consent and opt-in for Data collection then our Service will start collecting information and send it to our analytics panel at GameAnalytics. Your anonymous Data will become visible to us through this tool which is accessible to Gray Lake Studios’ developers.
TYPE OF DATA COLLECTED & THE MANNER IT’S USED
At Gray Lake Studios the type of data we collect is classified as your "Non-personal Information." This is information that does not identify you and cannot be used to contact you personally, including information about your non-precise geolocation information (e.g., your country), as well as information about your computer and mobile device, such as your unique device ID, or other persistent identifiers, and their hardware/software/firmware. Non-personal Information also includes "Usage Data," which is anonymous data tied to your computer and/or device, such as the actions you take within the Service, the date and time of your use of the Service, your progress, engagement duration and achievements.
Non-personal Information may be used by us for administrative, analytical, research, optimization, security and other purposes. Below are examples of the Data we collect through our Service and why:
- Type of Purchases Made: This data is collected automatically by Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store whenever you make a purchase. This way we aim to track which in-app-purchases are successful and which ones are not. This helps us remove unwanted features and learn about store items that are popular so we can invest more time in developing new functionality our users are more likely to enjoy.
- Duration of Sessions Played: With this data we are able to see how long users spend time using our Service. We can distinguish those who spend a couple seconds every day from those who use the Service for longer periods of time. We can also see how many users are online at a given time and we get an understanding of the sort of impact our development causes.
- Types of Buttons Pressed: When you are using our Service we collect how many button presses you made and on which buttons you have pressed. This helps us identify poorly placed buttons and subsequently we can improve our UI design to bring you a better experience. We can also identify the functionalities that are being frequented from those that are barely used. That in return helps us take decisions in removing or modifying our features.
- Type of Generators Used: This data helps us see the most and least liked generator types which gives us an idea about what sort of new generators should be added.
- Parameter Values for Generators Used: This data helps us set the default starting values for our generator parameters. It also tells us how much the parameters are prone to be played with. If a parameter is engaging we will keep it and if a parameter is never changed perhaps we will decide to remove it so it doesn’t clutter the list.
- Types of Events Generated: This data helps us understand the type of events our users are interested in. If there’s an unused event type we will remove it. If there’s a popular event type we may decide bring extra features surrounding this event like new visuals or relevant types.
- Device Platform Used: This data is crucial for us to connect all existing data to relevant platforms. Several devices might be having crashes due to a bug and we need to know which platform it’s specific to if any.
- Device Name: Google Play Store collects this data and we have no say over it. We don’t make use of this data in any way.
- Device Model: Google Play Store collects this data and we have no say over it. This data helps us distinguish the types of mobile devices that use our Service. We learn about the device resolutions and sizes through the model types. This way we know which model of device to test our Service on as well as if our Service is more popular on tablets or phones.
THE DISCLOSURE OF THE DATA
- We will not sell, rent or transfer your Data to third parties without your prior consent.
- We may disclose your Data or other information collected if required by law or court order, if the information relates to actual or threatened harmful conduct, to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse or unauthorized use of the Service, or to protect the property or safety of others.
- In connection with any sale of our company or any line of business, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, and such customer information will be transferred or sold to the acquirer in the event of any such sale or disposition of any or all of our business.
CHANGES TO POLICY
If you have any questions regarding this Policy please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by tuncOfGrayLake at 6:15 AM No comments:
Friday, May 1, 2015
New screenshots from ProD&D 2.0!
Posted by tuncOfGrayLake at 5:13 AM No comments:
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
ProD&D 2.0 almost ready!
First of all, thanks for all the support. We appreciate all the reviews we have received so far, negative and positive alike. It gives us a good sense of direction and where to go next.
It has been several months since our last update, and we have been working on a bunch of things, given the small scale of our team it has been difficult, but we decided to iron out a bunch of issues and create a clean slate.
What did we change?
- Faster: 50x50 maps are faster, we fixed a major rendering bug and now you can create up to 100x100 maps and browse with little bit of frame rate drop.
- More maps: we have added a new map genre: castles.
- Backgrounds: you can now change the background of the map screen.
- Events: the biggest and most important update, you can drop tacks on the map, and edit their content.
- Lock map and Center Map: you can lock your map, or center on it with a button.
- New GUI: a new slick design for the user interface, which wasn't sausage friendly. Numbers are more visible, easier to manage, etc
What is upcoming
- More Maps: we will keep releasing more maps available for purchase in the dungeon store.
- More Backgrounds: we will also release more backgrounds for different setups which you can purchase.
- More Events: Currently events and note placing is pretty generic yet invaluable, we intend to flavor things up a bit by adding new models for tacks, and generating content.
- Generators: We will add smaller generators, such as treasure, monster, auto-events, name, etc.
- Mystery Box: We cannot really write it here, but hopefully will announce it when production starts.
- Even Faster: We will fix some identified errors in our generator, and make things faster, which we think will get all the way over 9000.
We are still trying new things with ProD&D, and we are not native app makers, so if you do not agree with something we did, or have input, criticism, ideas, please share them with us. Here's some bonus pictures for the viewing pleasure.
Have a nice day,
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)
- ▼ 2015 (6)